Print
AuthorPost
sydneyst
Administrator

Posted: Tue Aug 4th, 2009 07:11 am

Rupert Sheldrake Answers His Critics on Powers of Animals

Unexplained Powers of Animals
by Rupert Sheldrake

In the late 1980s and early 1990s I explored a variety of experimental approaches for the investigation of unexplained phenomena that might help to enlarge our scientific view of the world, summarised in my book Seven Experiments That Could Change the World: A Do-It-Yourself Guide to Revolutionary Science (1994).

One of the seven experiments concerned unexplained abilities of animals, and I published a series of papers on the unexplained powers of animals,
see Papers on animals . I summarised much of this research in my book Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home, And Other Unexplained Powers of Animals (1999).

My research with Aimée Morgana into the telepathic powers of her African Grey Parrot, Nkisi, led to the celebrated debate at the London RSA with Prof Lewis Wolpert, which is featured on this website The Telepathy Debate More information is available on Nkisi, including a tape of one of his conversations with Aimée in The Nkisi project

Top of Page  

Last edited on Tue Aug 4th, 2009 07:12 am by sydneyst

sydneyst
Administrator

Posted: Tue Jul 28th, 2009 02:39 am

More on Crow Recognition of Humans:

NPR has created a video on the research of UW crow researcher, John Marzluff, which shows that crows actually inverted to read the upside down masks of potential persecutors.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106826971

source: NPR

Crows have this uncanny ability to tell one human from another. And they'll hold a grudge if you do them wrong. But can you tell one crow from another?

Last edited on Tue Jul 28th, 2009 02:56 am by sydneyst

sydneyst
Administrator

Posted: Tue Jul 28th, 2009 01:10 am

Crows Never Forget a Face...and

Have a Sense of Who is Dangerous

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/science/26crow.html?_r=1

Experiment shows that crows rembered behavior that was threatening and showed agitation in subsequent encounters with the same person or a person wearing a mask of the same face.  Professors suggest that this provides an evolutionary advantage, particularly in dealing with humans which crows have co-evolved with.

Last edited on Tue Jul 28th, 2009 02:42 am by sydneyst

Current time is 11:32 am
Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2